Monday, April 14, 2008

9 Months and counting

So this past Friday was April 11, 2008...which happens to be 9 months since Shawn and I got married. How the time has flown by! I swear time just goes by faster the older you get--and I don't even think I'm that old! It was a really great weekend in a relaxing kind of way. A little too much time in the car for my taste, but it was still good. We decided to go to a wedding reception of one of Shawn's friends/mission companions in Idaho. This meant that we got to spend time with one of my favorite people, My Cousin. It was good to see her, although it was for too short a time and we didn't get to talk as much as we both would have liked, but it was a good excuse to see each other.

Anyway, I did a lot of thinking. Its one of those things I do best. Life is always moving, ever changing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It just makes it harder sometimes. It's important to realize we influence the direction of our lives. Yesterday I finished reading this book titled, "The Truth About Forever." It wasn't my favorite book by any means, but it had a good message. You decide how your forever will be and it starts with today. I've been doing way to much sitting, and not enough of what I would really love. I don't want regrets, I don't think anyone does and if they do--how weird are they?? I'm not saying I don't want mistakes, or that I have to have the perfect life to be happy. That's not it at all. I just want to be able to look back at my life and think "Yeah, I'm glad I did that, I learned and grew so much from that experience." I guess what I'm trying to say here is...you can't have that perspective if you didn't do anything and just let your life pass you by. I don't want that. So I guess I'd better start doing.

No comments: