After my adventures, I met up with our friend Mark [who lives in New York] and we got a late lunch, and Mark kindly helped me ride the subway to the Manhattan Temple, so I could attend a session [another item on my "New York" to do list].
I barely made the session, but I had a wonderful time. It was so small, but still so beautiful. To go from a street corner to the House of the Lord, and to be able to feel and hear the difference was amazing. I'm so glad I was able to go.When I got out of the temple Shawn was done with work, and I was hungry so we decided to all meet up for dinner at the Clinton Street Bakery. I met up with Mark, and once again he helped me find my way in the Manhattan craziness, while Shawn hopped in a cab and met us there and Mark's girlfriend Liz met us there a little later. Not to worry, there was a 2 hour wait...we got in at 10:20, they technically close at 11, but we were there until almost midnight. It was worth every minute. Absolutely delicious.
[Here is where my picture taking comes to a dead halt.]
Saturday Shawn and I slept in and walked around SoHo. We got pizza at this great little place whose name I can't remember, but Mark and Liz recommended. Then we checked out of our hotel, and hauled our stuff Uptown to Mark's apartment. We took a walk through Central Park in the butt freezing cold, to the Museum of Natural History/Planetarium. We saw a cool show and got to walk around the Museum for a bit before it closed. I think I could get lost in there and never find my way out-talk about a maze! Then it was off to The Shake Shack for dinner. Quite possibly the best burger I've ever had. [That's saying something because I'm not a big fan of burgers...] And then all four of us just walked around the city. We got cookies at Litz's (spelling? I dunno famous cookie place?) and then we got cupcakes at Magnolia's. MmmMmm. The red velvet was much better than I ever could have expected. We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and visiting.
Sunday we got up and went to Sacrament Meeting at Mark's ward, and then took off to get lunch before we had to leave for the airport. We went to The Cafeteria...and I know what you're thinking, because I was thinking it to. "Do I really want to eat somewhere with the title, The Cafeteria?" The answer is most undoubtedly YES!! Shawn got a macaroni and cheese appetizer. Best Mac & Cheese I've ever had. No joke...Shawn like dreams of it. So good. Then I got Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream and Fresh Fruit. I ate every bite. There was nothing left on my plate. It was absolutely delicious. Man I'm making myself hungry. I'm telling you, if you're in New York, go there. I don't even know where it is, but find it and go there.
Then we were off to the airport...longest flight ever home, but such is life. I had a wonderful time in New York. It was such a rejuvenating experience. I can totally see the appeal. I can even understand why some people have a desire to move to the big city. It was so fun and so utterly and completely alive. I'm sure we'll be going back :) Hooray for weekend getaways!
1 comment:
I'm so jealous! I've been to NYC once and absolutely loved it. I really want to go back!
Post a Comment