Wednesday, August 3, 2011

{Dear Granny}

I'm in a weird place right now. Wanting to express myself, bursting with emotion, but really just wanting to pull inside and be reclusive.

My Granny passed away. It was unexpected (to say the least).

We attended her funeral today and it was beautiful. We are all going to miss her so much.

Still, I feel peace. I know she is free. My heart radiates the feeling that she is finally FREE. I don't know why being free is so important, but that is the word.

I'm sad. She never got to meet my little boy. I feel guilty we didn't make it a priority to fly Carter to Canada to see her. She loved him so so much.

She was an amazing woman and although I didn't know her as well as I would have liked I am so grateful for all the times we got to be together and all the letters that passed between us. I think I might miss her letters the very most. They were so special. I tear up thinking that just two weeks ago I got a card from her for Carter's first birthday.

Life is so precious.

Do me a favor and tell the people you love that you love them. It is so important. Oh and make time for them too, will you?

And one more thing, if you have any grandparents who are still living give them a hug for me...mine are all gone...

Joyce Knowles
1923-2011


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

carla thorup said...

ah Melissa, so sorry to hear.

never easy to deal with, but at least we know there's more. sending loving vibes

Joellen said...

Melissa, my heart goes out to you. I don't think it ever matters when or who it is that you loose, it's never easy. Thanks for your thoughts, and for sharing them. We need to get together to talk again sometime!

Joellen said...

P.S. our blog is jinksfamily.blogspot.com

Megan said...

So sorry for your loss. Your family will be together again!