
I even took a picture using instagram. (I just started yesterday)
Anyway. We haul Carter out of the tub...which usually results in a screaming fest. I'm holding the wet toweled little boy, but he wants to walk. So I set him down and he runs for his room (towel cape in tow). I attempt to lift him up to the changing table to get a diaper on him (before he pees on the carpet [which may have happened all to recently]). When suddenly Shawn has the brilliant idea to put the inflatable house we gave Carter for Christmas (see picture below) on top of his crib and places Carter inside.

Then, seeing Carter's excitement Shawn decides it would be a good idea to put a diaper on Carter ASAP. I grab a diaper and as I move to the crib Shawn starts yelling, "He's peeing! He is peeing on his blanket! I think I trapped it" (or something to that effect) so he grabs the wet blanket and moves it out of the way. I swoop in to put on the diaper, but I have no idea how I'm going to do it. Somewhere in my mind I think, "I'll just get him out of the crib and put it on then" (as I simultaneously see the pee got on the sheets) so I go in through the door way of the house and grab the oh so very naked pee machine we affectionately call Carter. But it wasn't a good pick up. I'm cradling him with his face by my elbow and his little bum sticking straight into the air. Well as I move to stand up the house comes too! I'm stuck in the house holding Carter super awkwardly trying to figure out how to get the house off, not drop Carter, and holding on to the diaper I so desperately need to put on his behind. When, to my utter dismay, Carter starts farting. In my face! And I starting laughing/screaming because I'm horrified he is going to poop on me and I'm trapped in the house. By this point Carter is screaming, scared out of his mind. Because lets face it. I'm screaming (but still laughing) and he is trapped in a plastic house, face down, and totally naked. I'm pretty sure he'll be traumatized for life.
Oh and when I get the house off and move to put him on the changing table, I step barefooted onto the pee covered blanket that Shawn conveniently left in the middle of the freaking floor.
Good thing this all happened in a matter of seconds. I hope you're laughing (cuz every time I think about it I do).
And to think they entrusted this precious little human in our incapable hands...
3 comments:
haha.. i laughed!
good 'ol plans gone wrong.
That's awesome!!
I'm laughing so hard I started to cry. To bad there was no camera America Funnest Videos would be a shoe in. I'm glad to hear there was no poop.
Post a Comment