Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Conversation

When I was working (I know its only been a week) everyday when I picked Carter up form the babysitter's as we drove home I would ask him about his day, what he did, who he saw. The conversations were usually lead by me, with lots of "yesh" responses from Carter. Lisa watches Carter on Thursdays, and because she isn't a "biological" grandparent, she has asked to continue watching Carter on Thursdays even when I'm home so she can still see him. I thought it sounded wonderful--a guaranteed 3 hours to myself every Thursday, to do whatever I needed/wanted? Yes, Please!

Driving home today, I started asking Carter some of the normal questions...and I asked him, "Who did you see today at Lisa's?" Without missing a beat he said, "Jesus!" I chuckled, and said, "You saw Jesus? That's fun!" I was caught off guard by his response...I was expecting him to say Kasen, Chad, or even Lisa...but he didn't. He said Jesus.

and I've been thinking about that ever since.

How grateful I am, to have Lisa watch Carter. That he can been in a warm, loving enviroment; where he can feel the Spirit, and maybe even the presence of his Savior. How blessed I am to be the mother of such a spiritually wise 19 month old little boy. Who reminds me every day how much the Jesus Christ loves me. Who wants me to sing "Jesus Beam" over and over.Carter truly is a sunbeam of love from my Heavenly Father. I love him so much. I am indebted to Lisa, Carrie, and my Dad for watching him week in and week out the last year and a half. Teaching him and loving him and being there for him while I was away at work. I look forward to being able to spend more time with my little boy. I hope he will know and feel of my love for him, and the love of the Lord. I hope I can teach him well. I worry so much about the responsibility of guiding his sweet spirit in this world of turmoil. Sometimes I feel as if he's teaching me...

No comments: