Sunday, June 3, 2012

A baby! A baby! We made a baby!

Friday we had my "big" ultrasound. The one where they check everything with me and the baby and make sure everything is looking alright. I'm happy to report everything looks good! (at least that's what they tell me) this is also the appointment when we got to find out the gender of the baby. We were afraid the baby might not cooperate (it took 3 tries to get a good look) but we prevailed in the end!

I am happy to announce we are expecting a baby GIRL in October!!

Shawn is super excited, especially because he was right again ;) I'm a little overwhelmed or in shock. I don't know what I'm going to do with a girl? (You mean I actually get to look at all the cute girly things in the store?!?) And what are we going to name her? I am stumped. Every name I've thought of or read (yes I've resulted to that already) sounds wrong. Or well nothing seems to fit. I know we have time to find the right name. But with Carter, his name was always there in the back of my mind...with this little girl, it's totally blank. I guess it's a good thing Carly is in town-she loves talking baby names. Maybe I'll get some ideas!




{Baby @ 13 weeks - after my first appointment}

No comments: