Sunday, May 2, 2010

Prepping for the kid

Lately it feels like all we've been doing is readying the house for the baby. It FINALLY feels like we're getting somewhere. Last weekend we finished painting the baby's room.
Tadaa!! I love it. The picture doesn't really give it justice, 1. cuz it's an iPhone photo (seems to be all I take these days, if I take any at all) and 2. cuz we put so much work into it--with the color, and I made Shawn install the chair rail (which looks amazing and totally brought the whole thing together). Then this weekend we were able to replace the old fan in the room. So it went from this:


To This:
Hooray!! I love it. (I HATED that multicolor fan. It was Absolutely hideous!) The new fan/light looks so good in the room. Now all we need is the furniture and we're on our way. Which we ordered yesterday...and I have the most satisfying story in regards to that. :) I had a coupon at the store where we wanted to buy the crib & dresser that would save us approximately $100.00. While I was checking out one of the workers at the store said, oh that crib is on sale and she still let me use my coupon on the whole purchase. So I ended up saving $200.00!! It was so awesome. I was ecstatic. Cribs/baby furniture is so expensive (seriously start saving now)...It was such a blessing to be able to save that much money. Now we just have to wait for it to come in. (I wish it were here already)

Everything is moving right along. And no, still can't believe we're going to be having a kid... The time has just flown by. I'm only guessing the next 2 months are going to go even quicker. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

It looks great! I am counting the days! M-O-M

Megs said...

Gotta love the nesting! I didn't complete Emerie's room until she was about 3-4 months and it killed me! It's really nice to have a place called home for the baby.