Thursday, July 8, 2010

Slightly Disappointed...

I woke up at 5:30 this morning, to a sharp pain, cramping and a tight belly. I thought "This has got to be it--that definitely got my attention!" 25 minutes later it happened again. 15 minutes later it happened again. 20 minutes later it happened again. I was positive I was having contractions, and they'd never come that often before...I was convince I was in the early stages of labor. Shawn woke up to his alarm, I asked him, "Are you ready to be a Daddy? Cuz its starting!" and told him what I had experienced. He said, "20 minutes apart? Oh good I can keep sleeping" I told him I was going to try and sleep some more too...and that's what I did... And then my so called contractions slowly faded to nothing over the course of the day. A few random cramps here or there, but not stronger, longer, or closer together. I was so convinced the baby was coming today. I just knew it. I even took the day off work. And then nothing. What is the deal?? I was so badly for this little guy to come on his own, I really don't want to be induced, but the clock is ticking! Can someone please tell him its okay to come out now? We're ready for him. The crib came yesterday, the nursery is in a semi-ready place.
"Really Baby, its okay, we're waiting for you..." Trying to do so patiently, and basically failing. Please come soon!!

2 comments:

Carly said...

come on baby! Mel. I'm telling you. Try curb walking. OH, and primrose oil? Ya. Call me and I'll explain. Or I guess you could try nipple stimulation. haha.

Josh and Tori Furlong said...

I'm thinking he is going to come on your anniversary!! Hopefully tomorrow though!!!!