This is my Pink crayon.
I've had it pretty much as long as I can remember. I'm talking like whole life people. I don't remember when I got it-Couldn't have been older than 5.
It was used mostly as a toy, but it is also a piggy bank. Over the years I would put my change in it. Here and there hoping to someday fill it all the way to the top. Well, college happened and marriage happened...Life happened really...and I forgot about it. A few weeks ago I was nursing Carter in my old bedroom and I saw my Pink crayon in the closet and thought, "That has a ton of change in it--I should cash it in!"
I told Shawn, and he thought it would be a good idea. The crayon was maybe half full. Shawn said, "I bet there is $40 in there. You should take it to the bank and use the money to go shopping"
On Friday I took my Pink crayon to the bank and POURED my change into the machine and watched the total go up and up and up...
Guess how much money was in my Pink crayon? Just guess.
$181.85!!
So, after opening a bank account for cute Mr. Carter, I am going shopping with the remaining $150.00. I'm going to buy whatever I want, and Shawn can't argue with me. I can't explain how awesome it was to discover the change I'd paid little attention to over the years brought me so much joy. The moral of the story: Keep a piggy bank and save your change!
Oh and anyone want to go shopping with me? Let me know :)
1 comment:
that's so rad!!
i like this story.
and that carter has a bank account already.
Post a Comment