Thursday, December 16, 2010

a couple of things

I stayed home from work today because Carter is sick. He started coughing at 4:30am...and wouldn't stop crying/sleep unless I was holding him. We took him to the doctor. He has Croup.  :(  Poor little guy.

I'm trying to get together addresses for Christmas cards. I feel like I'm failing. I have most of the addresses I need/can think of, but there are a few I don't know. And I don't know who to send them to. Do people really want a card of my wee little family? If you want one (and you haven't contacted me already) please find a way to let me know. I love sharing the joy of a snail mail card :)

All of our Christmas shopping is done...except I haven't gotten anything for Shawn. I cannot figure out what I want to give him this year. Usually I have a list a mile long and I have to spend time finding a way to get the most for my money. He's sent me 3 different lists this year and nothing is standing out. If I'm not careful he really will get a lump of coal because nothing else will get here in time!

Did I mention that I'm tired? Cuz I am. I'm off to take a nap while Carter is sleeping.

4 comments:

Carly said...

ohh poor carter! lucy had croup last winter... it's so sad. just get shawn a $100 patagonia gift card. you can't go wrong. and we best be gettin' a christmas card of the little man!

Natalie said...

I'd love a card if you want to send one!

Natalie Dahl
16675 Slate Dr. #1012
Chino Hills, CA 91709

I hope your little guy feels better soon and you can get some good sleep!

carla thorup said...

the croup!? i hope he's better quickly, especially since shawn is gone! (and before christmas!)

K Peacock said...

Poor baby! I have heard it is going around a lot! And.... I love cards! I wanted to do cards this year but totally ran out of time!