Monday, June 13, 2011

Weird Weekend

This weekend was weird. And I weird I mean out of this world crazy unusual didn't make any sense totally out of the ordinary kind of weird.

It started off really well. One of my best friends Kim got married on Friday. It was beautiful and fun. I'm happy to report that everything went smoothly. Kim and Logan are well on their way to a wonderful long life together. We are so happy for them!






Saturday morning we had minor issues with our Altima. This car has been nothing but trouble for us. Anyway, we were told it would be $300 to fix the brakes. And I just told Shawn, "I hate this car I would get rid of it today if I could!" We have been talking about selling it for a little while. So Shawn posted it on KSL and within an hour we had someone who wanted to buy it! We finalized the sale this morning. As of 1030am we only own one car.

Back to Saturday. I just felt off. Like I'd woken up on the wrong side of the bed. So I loaded Carter in the stroller and we went on a walk so I could clear my head.

Then I had just fed Carter and I was holding him on the couch and without warning he just started throwing up. All over me all over the couch all over the blanket all over him. I was in complete shock. I took off Carter's clothes, changed my shirt and tried in vain to get Shawn's attention (who was mowing the lawn). I finally got his attention and he held Carter while I cleaned up. Shawn went to change Carter's diaper when he started vomiting again. All over Shawn all over Carter all over the floor. Carter went straight to the tub. Shawn changed his shirt and so it began.

Carter threw up 8 times in 2 hours. He couldn't keep anything down. Anything he drank came right back up. On Sunday we were worried about dehydration so we took him in to KidsCare. They drew his blood and because his electrolyte and glucose levels were low he had to get an iv. One word: Traumatizing.

I have never heard Carter scream like that and I hope I never have to again.






He was doing a lot better after we left the Dr. I took the day off today because I didn't know how he would feel today. He has only thrown up once (so far) -so we are making progress!

I don't know it was possible to feel so exhausted and stir crazy at the same time...

Send good vibes our way-Shawn is supposed to fly to NYC tomorrow. I don't know if I can handle this alone.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

keri beth said...

oh no! i'm praying that he feels better soon and you get the sleep to make it through :)

carla thorup said...

BUMM to the ER. that does not sound fun. sorry, and good luck! glad he's starting to feel better :)