Tuesday, May 29, 2012

in loving memory

There are lots of things I hope to remember about this memorial day. Carter and elephants under the blankets. Shawn's excitement about his first air show. The most beautiful weather. A simple feeling of contentedness. Watching the stars in the night sky...

But as this day comes to a close I can't help but think of all the people who have left this life since this day last year. I'm sure years usually go by without anyone I know passing away. But not this year. There are four people that come to mind (although I think there might be others). Some I knew well. Others I had only met once or twice. Their lives and subsequently their deaths have affected me and those I love and care about.

I am so grateful everyone who is still alive. I feel so blessed. Family is so so so important. Ancestors. Current. Those yet to come. We are all connected. Don't forget anyone...

In Loving Memory

Granny

"Grandpa Bill"

Heather's Mom

Grandpa Brock


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: