Friday, October 12, 2012

A day date with my little man

Today I am 39 weeks pregnant. Carter got to come with me to the doctor and since we were already in the "salt lake valley" I decided to make a day of it. Just me and my little boy...before his baby sister makes an appearance.

Right now Carter is obsessed with the temple. Not a day goes by that he doesn't talk about it, how it's pretty, we were married there, how angel Moroni is on top. He is always asking to see the temple. So off to temple square we went! We saw the Salt Lake Temple and I let Carter touch it. He asked to go inside...I don't know if I explained that one too well...anyway. I think he liked it. We walked around and saw the other buildings. I showed him a statue of Joseph Smith and he said, "He is my friend" so cute! The tabernacle was closed for an organ practice, but we went in the north visitors center and walked around (while it rained). Carter was 'taking pictures' of everything with his domino-phone. Then we went inside the conference center to see where the prophet spoke last weekend. It was really nice to show Carter important spiritual things in person and not just in a book or on tv.

Then we headed over to City Creek for lunch. (Chick-fila is a two year olds best friend) I had a less then pleasant experience...they forgot to give me Carter's drink. So while I was pushing the stroller, balancing the tray and manuvering my gigantic belly up to the front my drink tipped and spilled all over me. Thankfully a lady helped me before the damage was too bad. Then once I had Carter's apple juice we had to find a table. That was so hard! I kept hoping someone would help me...it made me appreciate my husband and going to eat/shopping with other people because you can help each other out. It also made me think I should keep my eyes open the next time I'm at a food court for any moms struggling to push a stroller, sooth a child and carry food...cuz she probably needs a hand!

After lunch we saw the fishies swim and then headed to the car. It was raining a lot harder and I could tell Carter was getting maxed out (as was I). He was asleep before we got on the freeway.

It was so fun to spend a day with him doing something special. I'm not sure when baby girl will come, but I hope hope hope Carter knows how much I love him. He is such a sweet little boy. I can't get over how tender hearted he is. I know he is excited or his baby sister to come, but he will probably have a hard time sharing me. I'm grateful we got an official "date" together just the two of us.

Now if I could find the time to go on a real date with my husband...

1 comment:

Gretchen Alice said...

Melissa, this is seriously the best thing I've read all day. Carter is so lucky to have you in his life!