Last Monday Shawn's work had a zoo day. We got to go to the zoo after hours and they provided us with dinner (hooray for hamburgers and hotdogs). Shawn even got extra tickets, so our friends Zack and Cori came along.
I got there early with Carter and we started to make the rounds. We saw the monkeys and elephants. The baby peed and pooped right in front of us ... "What's he doing mom? What's he doing?" "Going pee and poop" "Oh (giggle). We just saw the elephant pee mom." Pretty sure that may have been a highlight as he tells everyone about it.
We actually saw the rhinos moving around (instead of just laying there). That's when daddy showed up! We went down and saw the seals/sea lions swim around. Carter got really excited every time one swam by and he would yell, "there goes a Big one" in his funny "big one" voice.
All the bears were sleeping so we headed over to see the tigers. One tiger was pacing, the rest were sleeping...but the other cats were surprisingly active. We saw the baby and the momma snow leopard. Another smaller cat with no tail (I can't remember it's name) and we saw the other leopard pacing too (I've only seen part of its fur as it slept before). The loop to the giraffes was closed, so we skipped them and headed up by the wolf...who was sleeping by the fence. The lady next to us said "that's it? It looks just like a dog we used to own" I wonder what she was expecting...dogs are descendants of wolves... It was still fun to see. We tried to get Carter to howl at the wolf, but he wouldn't.
We headed to get dinner right when Zack and Cori got there. Then it was off to make the rounds again, as their little boy Noah had never been! This time the polar bear was awake and swimming around. Every time he passed Carter would say hi and laugh. It was so adorable! I wish I got it on video. The other bears were also out and about. Unfortunately it was getting dark so we had to start walking out. It was super fun-I'm glad we got to go!






No comments:
Post a Comment