Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Can you smell School in the air?
It is the first week of school for most people and I can smell it in the air. You know, when the air starts to change...when its not so hot and there is a sweet hint of fall in the air when you walk outside in the mornings. The smell makes me miss school. The excitement and anticipation of a new year, buying new clothes and school supplies. Wondering who is going to be in your classes and if you'll like your teachers. It's a whirlwind and I miss it. Call me crazy, but I miss school. I don't miss the homework or the tests or all the reading. I miss the enviroment, learning, and friends. I miss summers off and the thrill of Christmas vacation. Life is different when you graduate...everything become so "real world". Good luck everyone--I hope its a great school year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know what you mean Mel, I miss school too. I bought Shawn toostie rolls today. It's fall!
Carrie
My mom is so funny. I'm glad you miss school, because right now I want nothing more than to be done!! It's the never ending process! P.S. you and shawn need to have kids. My kid will need a cousin ASAP!!
I so miss you!!!! I thought about you recently when i was up there and all of the memories and random things we did up at USU. I'm headed back up there (check out my blog) and i'm afraid that i may have bitten off more than i can chew this semester...
I need to come down and see you sometime!! Can you believe it's been THREE years since we first met?? Dang...Feels like last month!
Love you girlie!!
Post a Comment