Saturday, August 2, 2008

We FINALLY made it to Chile!!

We Made it to CHILE!! It felt like we were traveling forever (probably because we were) but we made it! I am completely overwhelmed. Its like a total sensory overload, but I love it. I understand pretty much Nothing. There is so much to say, I don't know what to say! Its been cloudy and grey down here in Puerto Varas, but everything is so green and beautiful. The people are fascinating to me, but I'm worried about people watching because I don't want to be rude, or do something culturally that isn't ok... All the boys Spanish is coming back its a transition really, they're speaking Spanish more and more and English less and less, which leaves me more lost with every passing moment. Haha. I'm having a blast. I really love it here (and I've only been here a day!) Every day is an adventure and I'm looking foward to all the others. Today we went to Chiloe, and saw an eerie church, cute houses, and colorful boats. Today I really felt like we were here, in Chile.Shawn and I on the ferry to Chiloe
The crazy eerie Chapel...
And the cute colorful houses on stilts in Castro!

Well, its late, so I'm out. Buenos Noches--Me gusta Chile!

2 comments:

carla thorup said...

You crazy kids are high class travelers. Blog posts, pictures, computers... I'm loving this. Disfrutenlo! (and I'm not sure if that's how you would say that.)

Stephanie said...

Man, i wish that i could've gone with you!! I'm totally jealous!! The only Spanish i'm around is at work, and it's getting pretty old...I should look into going to Puerto Rico or something for Christmas...Glad you had fun!!