Friday, January 23, 2009

Can I say Crafts?

I am not a crafty person. Crafts and I do not get along. We possibly could get along, except I am a perfectionist, who knows she can't do anything perfect, so I give up. Its a hopeless cycle. I learned a long time ago that crafts just make me frustrated. I have very little desire to do anything crafty. I just don't think I got that "bone" in my body. It takes all the effort I possess, with Shawn's help, to decorate our apartment. Its not that I don't want a nice looking home, or cute things to decorate them, because I do. I just don't have the knack for it. It wasn't meant to be. I'm telling you. I hope you believe me.

Okay so you're probably wondering, why is she blogging about this, and why do we care? Its alright, you don't have to care. Recently I feel like I am surrounded by crafty, cute, creative, artistic people. I am ultimately noticing my deficiencies. As I compare my non-crafty life to those around me...I'm realizing just how much I lack craftiness. Now, I do think I have an artistic side, albeit a little under-developed, it's still there. Its just random and contemporary...like scratches on a piece of paper. Usually, it doesn't mean anything to anyone but me. But it is art to me.

Sorry I don't fit the mold. I'm not crafty. I'm not retro, I'm not stylish. I'm not an avid or creative blogger. I'm just me...a t-shirt and jeans girl til the end.

1 comment:

Josh and Heather said...

I like you exactly the way you are! Don't change a thing!