Yesterday, My car doors were frozen shut, and after 15 Minutes I was finally able to get in through the passenger side, open the drivers side (for good measure) and drive to work. Today, I was worried about the same thing, so I went out to my car, and started by opening the passenger side door. It only took a little bit of tugging and it came open...but then it wouldn't close. I went to the driver's side and it opened just fine (after a good solid pull) and I started my car and cleaned off the snow. Hoping of course, that my car would warm up and the door would close. Such was not the case, so I had to get creative. I figured if I could get it tied shut I might be able to drive to work. I looked in the garage but couldn't find any "twine" but knew there was some "ribbon" in the house. I tied the door with ribbon and used my scraper as more leverage to keep the door shut. I knew the ribbon wasn't strong, but it would get me to my Dad's house (approx. 5 min away) where he could help me jimmy-rig it shut, or we could trade cars if need be. After driving very carefully to my parent's house (even leaning over to help hold the door shut), I found my Father in the basement working on the Furnace. Apparently it's going out, and he's going to try to clean the fan and lube it, but "we're going to need a new one asap." I told him about my car door not shutting, so after a minute we went outside...and my door shut...first try. I swear when my Dad comes around things just fix themselves. He figures it was probably just too cold to latch, but I'm so grateful it shut on its own because I had worried that I had broken it in a serious way! This car is down right amazing. So many times, Too many times, something goes wrong. I have learned if you just wait it out the car works just fine.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
The Phoenix. The car that keeps coming back to life.
Yesterday, My car doors were frozen shut, and after 15 Minutes I was finally able to get in through the passenger side, open the drivers side (for good measure) and drive to work. Today, I was worried about the same thing, so I went out to my car, and started by opening the passenger side door. It only took a little bit of tugging and it came open...but then it wouldn't close. I went to the driver's side and it opened just fine (after a good solid pull) and I started my car and cleaned off the snow. Hoping of course, that my car would warm up and the door would close. Such was not the case, so I had to get creative. I figured if I could get it tied shut I might be able to drive to work. I looked in the garage but couldn't find any "twine" but knew there was some "ribbon" in the house. I tied the door with ribbon and used my scraper as more leverage to keep the door shut. I knew the ribbon wasn't strong, but it would get me to my Dad's house (approx. 5 min away) where he could help me jimmy-rig it shut, or we could trade cars if need be. After driving very carefully to my parent's house (even leaning over to help hold the door shut), I found my Father in the basement working on the Furnace. Apparently it's going out, and he's going to try to clean the fan and lube it, but "we're going to need a new one asap." I told him about my car door not shutting, so after a minute we went outside...and my door shut...first try. I swear when my Dad comes around things just fix themselves. He figures it was probably just too cold to latch, but I'm so grateful it shut on its own because I had worried that I had broken it in a serious way! This car is down right amazing. So many times, Too many times, something goes wrong. I have learned if you just wait it out the car works just fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment