Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Case of the Missing Sock

A few weeks ago Shawn did the laundry and he lost my sock. One sock came out of the 2 loads of laundry without it's partner...but this was no ordinary sock! It was a cute colorful pair of socks that Shawn's Mom gave me for Christmas. I usually just wear plain white ankle socks, but she got me these cool wool socks that have blue toes and a fun pattern. I really like them, and they keep my feet super warm, especially during the cold winter months. You can imagine my distress when it was snowing last week and I couldn't wear the socks, because I only had one. I looked everywhere--in the hamper, in the other hamper, in the washer, in the dryer, next to, behind, and all around the washer & dryer, in the front room, in our bedroom, under the bed. You name it. I just don't loose things, ever. I was seriously ready to cry. I resigned myself to the fact that I might not get to ever wear the socks again and came to two conclusions: 1. It would show up sometime in the future (because I don't believe washing machines/dryers eat socks) or 2. It was stuck in some hose in our washing machine and we would experience some super explosion when it clogged the hose completely. Still, devastated that Shawn lost my sock. (Because I firmly believe it is his fault my sock became lost)


Yesterday Shawn found my sock!! It was in the sleeve of one of his long sleeve shirts and he presented it to me in the first moments of my waking. It was fabulous! I'm so happy he found my sock, and that the case of the Missing Sock has be solved. :) Ahh. I love him. And I am quite enjoying wearing these socks today...

1 comment:

Carly said...

I too rather Love the socks my mom gave us for christmas! They are simply wonderful. Good socks are hard to come by. Im glad you found it, and I hope you dont' get too lonely this weekend-- and that Shawny doesn't fall off a cliff.