Thursday, May 28, 2009

Canada, Eh? [3 of...]

Adventure #3: Toronto

Just Shawn and I went to Toronto on Friday, and we had a great time. Although the CN Tower was one the highlights of our visit to Toronto--we did do other things as well...
We stayed in the Bloor-Yorkville Marriott, and it was gorgeous! It was so big I did hand-stands in the room!When we first got there, we were starving! So we walked around the corner to Jack Astors. It totally hit the spot.
Then we just walked around the city, and checked out the Eaton Centre...Its a huge mall. I mean HUGE. It is like 4 floors, and spans at least 3 subway stations-that you can get on right from the mall because it's mostly underground!
After the CN Tower, we walked over to The Sound of Music. Shawn heard from a co-worker that it was good, so he bought us tickets. I LOVED IT!! The Stage was amazing-the girl who played Maria sounded just like Julie Andrews, and the 5 year old girl who played Gretel was the Cutest. Really, the show was for me, but I'm so glad Shawn was willing to go with me!
Not to mention the sweet "faucets" in the bathroom. So cool I had to take a picture. I don't know if that's weird, but I couldn't help myself.

After the show we got dinner at Kit Kat's. It was delicious food. We just relaxed and chatted in the restaurant. Mmm. Bruchetta, Ravioli, and Chocolate Rasberry ice cream for dessert. When we came out around 1 am, well we were in the Club district...and I was so out of place because I didn't have a black mini skirt on!

The next morning, it was raining. We were so greatful for the good weather on Friday.
This is the view form our rainy hotel room.
While we were driving out of the city the rain let up, but the fog remained and covered the tops of the buildings. This the best picture I could get, it was beautiful.The Moral of the Story: Go to Toronto. We'll like it. Just like we did.

1 comment:

carla thorup said...

i think i'll have a faucett like that in our bathroom.

yay for canada!