Wednesday, September 8, 2010

8 Weeks Already?? (late night ramblings by Melissa)

Hi. It's 3:50 in the morning. I'm up feeding Carter. I can't help but think- "he's 8 weeks old already ?!?" He is growing and changing so quickly. He definitely left the newborn stage and is now entering the baby stage. He is starting to get chubby. He is smiling now and frowning and they are both so cute! He is starting to get new peach fuzzy hair on the top of his head. But those are all the simple easy to describe changes. I feel like he is different everyday...I couldn't tell you how exactly. And I could just stare at him. All. Day. Long. And I can't really explain that one either. Carter is so adorable and so precious. I'm still trying to figure out how Shawn and I were trusted with him... We don't know what were doing! Everyday is an adventure as we learn while Carter grows. I feel so blessed to have him. Sometimes it's so trying or so draining, but then I am quietly reminded of all of my love for him. It helps me keep going. I love being a mom. I never really wanted to be...and always thought I'd suck at it... I'm amazed at how naturally the whole thing has come to me...and how much I love it.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love being Carter's Grandma!