I might be a dreamer. I've always been a day dreamer. It's something I inherited from my mother. I don't know if I'm superstitious, but I swear if I imagine something happening, well then I know it won't happen. At least not in that way. It's one thing I can always count on. It feels like I might be saying, "my dreams don't come true" but that isn't it...because they can and do...just maybe not how I planned.
I don't have a lot of time for dreaming these days. A toddler and household to do's keep my mind pretty occupied. I don't think about what I want super often. I'm realizing it's important to do things I enjoy and/or want to do...because it keeps me sane, and our house happy :) Every mom needs time to develop herself outside of her role as "mother". [this is not something I am good at doing]
I'm rambling. Ok. So the purpose of this post: I have an idea. I have something I think about doing...I guess you could call it a dream. We went to this cute little cafe place in Indiana a few years ago. I don't even know if you'd call it a cafe...but that's the closest word I've got. Ever since then I've dreamed about opening a place just like that one. I can't explain it well. I think about what it would look like and the type of food that would be available and where (or if) it would be successful. Would people think it was as cool an idea as I did? Or would it just flop? But here's the thing...I don't know anything about this kind of stuff. I don't know anything about owning my own business or the food industry (or even cooking for that matter) or how to run a place like that and be successful and I'm not great at decorating. But I think about how great it would be to open this place. There is a big part of me that thinks I would just love it. Anytime I see a store front for sale/lease that matches the aesthetic in my head I can't stop myself from imagining what it would be like and if I could do it...
And then I shut myself down. I've imagined it...so it won't happen. And it's not the right time in my life. And there is no way I could attempt something like that. And it would be so much time/effort. And I couldn't justify wasting the money if it didn't work...
But I still think about it...and silently tell myself that maybe
someday it could happen. Maybe.
I can't help but think this dream isn't going to fade away any time soon. And I have no idea what to do about that.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
1 comment:
Keep dreaming! One day the world will make the moment right and you can do what you want! This might initially sound lame, but you shouldr read or listen to the 7 Habits by Steven Covey.
Post a Comment