Today was a good day. I want to document that. I want to remember this day.
Having two kids has been really hard on me. Katelyn cries. A lot. Which means I am holding her. All. The. Time. Yesterday was especially hard...and it didn't end well. I'm pretty sure me Carter and Katelyn were all crying/screaming at one point. Enter my prayers: For a better day tomorrow. For patience. To find a way to still be a good mom for Carter...
And then today happened. Katelyn didn't cry until 6:30 pm. She was good all day. Carter and I were able to play. And laugh. Katelyn smiled at me. I took both kids grocery shopping by myself. Together as a family we decorated a gingerbread house. And ate candy. Then we danced to Christmas music by the light of the tree. It was magical. And beautiful. And it made me so grateful for my life and my family. And thankful my Father in Heaven answers prayers.
It wasn't a perfect day, but there was love and happiness in our home. And that was enough. And I want to cherish this memory...and this time in our lives.



1 comment:
Thank goodness for the good days.
And she is CHUNKY.
Sorry we haven't made it up, I'll try much harder to make it happen.
Abrazos!
Post a Comment