Thursday, April 30, 2009

His friends call him CEO

I lovingly refer to him as my Husband. Because, well, to put it simply, I love him. We've been married for almost 2 years and I still feel like we're learning new things about each other. What a wonderful adventure we have had so far... Shawn is ambitious. He has goals and I am confident he will achieve them. One of his co-workers the other day mentioned that he thought Shawn had grown up too fast. I partially agree. [maybe because I get to see the little kid side come out when we're at home together] Shawn works 40, maybe 50 hours per week, but he thrives on it. But he also goes to school. he is slowly but surely making his way towards a degree while working full time, so that when he graduates he will be debt free. I can't help but love and respect that. Unfortunately, this life style doesn't leave much time for "youthful" activities. Not to say we don't have fun or a have good times together--we do. I love the memories we've made, and can't wait for all of the future ones that will come our way. I guess, well, I've been impressed with Shawn's amazing-ness lately. I wanted to blog about it. This last Sunday I got to watch my husband pass the Sacrament. As this is not something I normally get to see [or have not really ever seen] it was a humbling experience. How grateful I am to be married to a man who honors his Priesthood, who wears a crisp clean white shirt to church on Sunday and does not hesitate when asked to participate. Right now, I can hear Shawn talking to a long time friend who is now investigating the gospel. This friend has been calling a lot more lately, but I don't mind, because I inadvertantly get to hear Shawn's feelings on the gospel...and I love it. Shawn is oh-so-handsome, and his love for me is the most adorable thing. Ever. His friends might call him the CEO, and he quite possibly could be one some day, but he will always be my Monkey.

2 comments:

On Ragsdale Dr said...

I know he will be! Shawn is out going, friendly, hard working, and fun. That is why I call him CEO!

Carrie said...

Of course, I already knew how wonderful he is....I am so happy that he found you Melissa! He is the lucky one! Love ya MamaBrock