
We went to the Ledgefork Campground by the Smith-Moorehouse Resevoir. It was beautiful! Some of the leaves were starting to change. We had this sweet creek near our campsite, and Carter loved going to the "river" and throwing sticks in. It was pretty cold at night/the morning, but we all stayed warm enough. Carter slept like champ. Seriously, I was amazed. 10pm-7am the first night, and 10pm-9am the next! I did not sleep so well...but that was kind of expected. 35 weeks pregnant, in a mummy bag, on a little inflatable pad... rolling over was about impossible. Even still, I had an enjoyable time.

Friday we had a lazy morning, and then went to the "lake" to go fishing. Shawn actually fished, while Carter and I threw rocks in the resevoir, and pretended to fish with a kiddie pole that didn't have a hook on it.

It was sunny with a slight breeze. It was perfect weather, and an absolutely beautiful way to spend the day. Carter was in heaven and kept asking to go back to the lake all evening. Shawn got to take the 4Runner our "4wheeling" on a road near the campsite. It was gorgeous, but we didn't go too long, my big belly couldn't take the bouncing...and we didn't want to accidentally put me into labor.

Due to Carter's begging, we went back to the resevoir before dinner. Shawn was able to catch a fish that time, and Carter got to touch it. Then we put it back.

Saturday we packed up camp and stopped by the resevoir on the way out. It was so nice to be outside and close to nature. I'm glad we did it and I'm so glad we stayed two nights. We debated going home after one, but decided we should stay. It gave us the time away we needed. Super huge props to Shawn. He was so helpful. He cooked every meal, and helped clean up and took care of so much stuff.

I was struggling more than I'd like to admit, and he just silently took care of everything while we were there. I just had to keep track of Carter, which was easier than at home. Dirt, sticks, rocks, water, the kid was entertained for hours. One thing is for sure, he is a natural born camper!

I think we all had a good time. I hope Shawn did. He isn't used to "car camping" but I think this trip showed him how nice it can be, close to nature, but still able to enjoy some comforts. I'm so glad we made it out at least once this year before the cold sets in! Hooray for camping!

No comments:
Post a Comment