Shawn didn't want to drive Betsy up the canyon, so I called my Dad to ask if we could borrow his Jeep. He said yes, and we drove up to my parents to switch cars and get on our way with only a brief stop to enjoy some Trifle (? I'm not sure if that's the right word-This sweet layered jello dessert my Dad made). We switched our gear to the Jeep, stopped at Smith's for some firewood and began our journey up the mountain. At this time it was probably 10pm or a little later. We drove up the canyon to where the payment ends and were stopped by a Park Ranger. He said they were having a security check point, and needed Shawn's driver's license and registration. We complied, he looked at it, and said, Hold On I just want to check something. Shawn and I looked at each other and knew they were checking for a Stolen Vehicle Report because my Dad's last name consequently the name on the registration; didn't match Shawn's driver's license. As we waited, we noticed the Nine (9) Police vehicles and men standing to the side with their gear belts and guns strapped to their legs. What on earth was going on? This had never happened to either one of us before when adventuring up Farmington Canyon. The Ranger came back and said, so whose car is this? I said, my Dad's, we didn't want to drive our car. and He said, Oh Okay, it didn't come back stolen, so I was just wondering. Then he proceeded to tell us that all the campsites were full, but if we wanted we could check. Shawn and I looked at each other and thought, not worth the hassle. We turned around and went home. We decided to camp in our Parent's back yard, specifically Shawn's Parents backyard, because it would be funnier with the white fence in the background...as my Parent's backyard looks like a forest. So we wanted to go camping, but got rejected. Which really was too bad because it would have been a beautiful night to camp, but at least we got to sleep in our tent in the backyard, under the swing-set!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Camping? Rejected!
Okay, So last weekend (May 30) Shawn and I wanted to go camping. Just a quick little overnight trip up Farmington Canyon. We were rejected. We got off work, hurried and packed our camping gear, grabbing only the bare essentials, and started driving North. My sister invited us to watch Horton Hears a Who at the Kaysville Theater and we were trying to make it to the 7:30pm showing. Luckily I called my good friend Tyler Call, whose family happens to own the theater, to check how long the previews would be, so we could know how much time we really had. Against all odds we made it before the previews ended. We found my sister and my niece, but there weren't enought seats in a row so ultimately we had to split up. It was an adorable movie and the popcorn complemented the whole experience. *In case you didn't know, Kaysville Theater's Popcorn is THE best. Ever.* Okay Okay back to the Camping story.
Shawn didn't want to drive Betsy up the canyon, so I called my Dad to ask if we could borrow his Jeep. He said yes, and we drove up to my parents to switch cars and get on our way with only a brief stop to enjoy some Trifle (? I'm not sure if that's the right word-This sweet layered jello dessert my Dad made). We switched our gear to the Jeep, stopped at Smith's for some firewood and began our journey up the mountain. At this time it was probably 10pm or a little later. We drove up the canyon to where the payment ends and were stopped by a Park Ranger. He said they were having a security check point, and needed Shawn's driver's license and registration. We complied, he looked at it, and said, Hold On I just want to check something. Shawn and I looked at each other and knew they were checking for a Stolen Vehicle Report because my Dad's last name consequently the name on the registration; didn't match Shawn's driver's license. As we waited, we noticed the Nine (9) Police vehicles and men standing to the side with their gear belts and guns strapped to their legs. What on earth was going on? This had never happened to either one of us before when adventuring up Farmington Canyon. The Ranger came back and said, so whose car is this? I said, my Dad's, we didn't want to drive our car. and He said, Oh Okay, it didn't come back stolen, so I was just wondering. Then he proceeded to tell us that all the campsites were full, but if we wanted we could check. Shawn and I looked at each other and thought, not worth the hassle. We turned around and went home. We decided to camp in our Parent's back yard, specifically Shawn's Parents backyard, because it would be funnier with the white fence in the background...as my Parent's backyard looks like a forest. So we wanted to go camping, but got rejected. Which really was too bad because it would have been a beautiful night to camp, but at least we got to sleep in our tent in the backyard, under the swing-set!
This is Shawn trying to do cool effects with the camera at night...kinda freaky huh?
This is us inside the tent ready for sleep...sort of. We weren't really tired.
But apparently (if this photo works and it may not) I was scared!
Well that was our first camping adventure of the season and I'm sure more will come.
Shawn didn't want to drive Betsy up the canyon, so I called my Dad to ask if we could borrow his Jeep. He said yes, and we drove up to my parents to switch cars and get on our way with only a brief stop to enjoy some Trifle (? I'm not sure if that's the right word-This sweet layered jello dessert my Dad made). We switched our gear to the Jeep, stopped at Smith's for some firewood and began our journey up the mountain. At this time it was probably 10pm or a little later. We drove up the canyon to where the payment ends and were stopped by a Park Ranger. He said they were having a security check point, and needed Shawn's driver's license and registration. We complied, he looked at it, and said, Hold On I just want to check something. Shawn and I looked at each other and knew they were checking for a Stolen Vehicle Report because my Dad's last name consequently the name on the registration; didn't match Shawn's driver's license. As we waited, we noticed the Nine (9) Police vehicles and men standing to the side with their gear belts and guns strapped to their legs. What on earth was going on? This had never happened to either one of us before when adventuring up Farmington Canyon. The Ranger came back and said, so whose car is this? I said, my Dad's, we didn't want to drive our car. and He said, Oh Okay, it didn't come back stolen, so I was just wondering. Then he proceeded to tell us that all the campsites were full, but if we wanted we could check. Shawn and I looked at each other and thought, not worth the hassle. We turned around and went home. We decided to camp in our Parent's back yard, specifically Shawn's Parents backyard, because it would be funnier with the white fence in the background...as my Parent's backyard looks like a forest. So we wanted to go camping, but got rejected. Which really was too bad because it would have been a beautiful night to camp, but at least we got to sleep in our tent in the backyard, under the swing-set!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment