Monday, June 30, 2008

Taylorsville Dayzz

On Saturday evening Shawn and I had the priviledge of attending "Taylorsville Dayzz". It was sweet! There were all these different booths and rides and there were two stages. One of which had a Neil Diamond impersonator. This guy really looked and sounded just like him! It was fabulous. Shawn and I got churros, and we splurged and got a plate of Fry-Bread with honey butter. Talk about delicious! Then it was time for the firework show. The Neil Diamond guy sang, "We're coming to America," with the fireworks, the timing was probably dead on. Then just normal music played through the speakers for the rest of the show. I love fireworks. They are so amazing and so fun went put to music. It was a really great, almost free evening.
Ahh, here I am with the ever necessary Port-a-Potty's in the distant background.
Shawn and I are becoming masters at the self portrait. I really like this picture of us. We took one other picture, but I don't know if Shawn will let me post it. It was us in the dark right before the fireworks. I was totally excited because it kinda turned out. You could actually see our faces!

Okay, so maybe it wasn't as good as I thought...we are in there promise!

Oh, and Say hello to the Gingerbread Man!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What is the story with the gingerbread man?

Mel said...

It's a cake-mold at my parents house that Emilee now uses as a toy. The last time we were there Shawn put the wooden blocks inside the mold and flipped it over. He was so proud he took a picture, so I figured it could go on the blog...