Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here's a Follow up with that last post...

This is a picture of Peter Breinholt singing. It was such a cool concert, and he is such an awesome guy.

In fact... I have a sweet Story to relay to all of you. Shawn decided to email Peter Breinholt and this is how it went...

"Peter,
Hey I just wanted to drop a quick line and say thank you for an amazing concert at Thanksgiving point. We didn't hear about the summer concert in Farmington this year so we had to come see you before summer was over!

I recently returned from Chile... I served in the Santiago West mission and can't believe how far the church has come. My most recent trip to Chile wasn't as a missionary but as a tourist with my wife. It's truly is a land of mystical wonder and beauty.

Would you mind sharing a brief history about "A Call I Hear"??? There's enough speculation about that song between friends you'd be helping us set some serious questions to rest.
Thanks Peter,
Shawn Brock"

And this was his Reply...

"A Call I Hear was written in 2000 (ten years after coming home) for an EFY album. It's really just a patchwork of scenes from my mission. The hill at the beginning is not Renca, contrary to popular opinion. It's supposed to be a missionary back home deciding to go in the first place. But beginning in the second verse ("I remember days when we laughed so hard") it's all Santiago. My trainer and I got along well, and laughed a lot. That whole scene with the children and sounds in the street is "La Pincoya", which is tucked up in the northern corner of the Santiago behind Cerro San Cristobal. I also told a story about a soccer player the other night that's not in this particular song. That happened in the Pincoya too. A rough place.
I ended my time in Maipu, which I think is now in your mission. I loved it there.

Anyway, glad you liked the show."

I just thought it was so cool that he wrote back, and so quickly! Anyway, just some insight into Peter Breinholt, if you haven't already--check him out!!

No comments: