The week started off with a mass amount of homework, papers, and tests for Shawn. All of it was basically due on Tuesday. But, as luck would have it, Shawn had an in-class test in Statistics and I got to go to So You Think You Can Dance with the Brock Girls. The couldn't have worked out better! It was totally different than I was expecting, but it was fun to watch. Check out Carly's Blog for photos. I'm totally in awe of dancers' skills. If any of you have seen me dance (Shawn might be the only one) I'm horrible.
Thursday Shawn and I went Rock Climbing with Matt & Carla, and J & Heather. It was blast! I got scared on the rock, climbed really high on the edge of doom, and all in all got some wicked cool bruises on my knee. Everyone did a really cool job of climbing--even Matt's Brother Dave, who had never been before! After we climbed down the mountain in the dark we all went to the Thorup's for Little Caesar's Pizza and the Season Premier of The Office. I don't know if nights get much better than that.
(Pictures to come, I hope!)
Although Friday initally looked to be a boring night at home; Shawn came up with a sweet night full of activities. His work had previously given him tickets to The Living Aquarium, so we decided to head up there to visit our Aquatic Friends. It was so cool...as the pictures to follow will evidence.
This is a sweet translucent jellyfish...the aquarium has color-changing lights so you can see the jellyfish.
A Seahorse asleep. They were so cute! and We got to watch one swim around.
Can I say Finding Nemo??? The Coral Reef was cool...because you got to watch the plants move like they were totally alive. Amazing.
This is a Sting Ray. And I touched one. Heck yeah!
They also have sharks. Sharks scare me, but they were still cool to see. This is a Leopard Shark swimming around the tank.I know you're all jealous that we got to go to the Aquarium because it was so cool. So go yourselves because I loved it! And Remember... 

Saturday I straightened my hair and it didn't rain! Wahoo!! It was the General Relief Society Conference and my sister scored tickets at the Conference Center so My Mom, Sister, Cousin and me all got to go.
This is us outside after the conference. Of course I only had my camera phone, but once again, our experience is documented, even if the pictures aren't fabulous, I think I did a dang good job!
Bottom Line: It was so amazing. I love being there. I love feeling the Spirit, and I love when the talks are just what you need to hear. I'm totally feeling prepped for General Conference this coming weekend! I'll keep you posted on what happens next...
This is us outside after the conference. Of course I only had my camera phone, but once again, our experience is documented, even if the pictures aren't fabulous, I think I did a dang good job!
Bottom Line: It was so amazing. I love being there. I love feeling the Spirit, and I love when the talks are just what you need to hear. I'm totally feeling prepped for General Conference this coming weekend! I'll keep you posted on what happens next...
No comments:
Post a Comment