Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blog Thoughts

I've been thinking about this little blog quite a bit. Should I start back up again? Should I just quit? I would love to post more...but what about all the other stuff I'm already not doing (like folding the laundry or mopping the kitchen floor)?

Then I saw this



 over on Shay's blog and thought. I can do this. I can try this. I've never attempted something like this before. I'm sure going to try, even though we are going on a vacation next week, and the odds of my blogging are slim, I'm going to try.

Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)

I was born in Layton, Utah. My parents still live in the same house in Kaysville. I am the youngest of four kids, I firmly believe watching my siblings "grow-up" shaped who I am as a person. I love to read. I always have, always will. I am that shy awkward introverted girl. I met my husband in high school, but we didn't date until after he came home from his mission. I attended Utah State University and got a Bachelors Degree in Psychology with a Minor in International Studies. Logan will always hold a special place in my heart. The summer of 2006, I lived with my cousin, Jemela. I can't explain that summer, but I will never be the same. I cried a lot. I laughed a lot. I grew leaps and bounds. I am the girl with big hair. Shawn and I were married July 11, 2007. I can't believe we're coming up on six years! But then I remind myself that we have a house and two kids, and reality sets in. Carter was born in 2010, and I discovered I love being a mom. Being a mom was never something I wanted to be, but figured it would happen. Katelyn was born "naturally" in 2012, and it was one of the most empowering experiences of my life. I stay at home with them and try to stay sane. I feel like I'm re-discovering myself this year.

Wow 250 words go fast! See ya tomorrow!

Melissa

2 comments:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Very cool! I love that you're doing this, I think it's important. One day you'll look back and be so glad you did!

keri beth said...

I too randomly decided to start writing more again...even if it was just a sentence!